The Anglican Diocese of Ruaha in Iringa, Tanzania has been working in partnership with Emmanuel International (EI) who assist the Diocese with physical and spiritual development projects, especially equipping and mobilising local churches to meet needs of the rural poor.
Together with EI and other partners the Diocese is active in community development with projects including water supply and sanitation, primary health, fuel efficient stoves, tree planting, agriculture and care for the disabled.
The Missionary Development Worker (Project Administration Officer) will be hosted by the Diocesan Bishop and will work alongside staff of the Diocese. He or she will be supported by the Emmanuel International Representative. His or her responsibilities will include:
- Bookkeeping and management of project funds
- Financial reporting for projects to relevant support offices and donors
- Monitoring project finances against project budgets and timescales, reporting to project officers
- Preparing and processing international fund transfers
- Preparing payroll, paying bills, filing, office administration
Initially 2 years, extendable
The candidate should have a degree or higher diploma. He or she should also have training and/or experience in business administration or management. The candidate should have excellent people skills and be a good communicator. A driving license is required. A committed Christian faith is essential and the candidate should have experience of Christian service.
How to apply
Please contact the office if you are interested in this position.