We are raising funds for Menstrual Hygiene (Pads Ministry) project

There are 229 primary schools in the Pader and Agogo districts, about 25 000 girls aged 12 and over. We have reached 18% of the schools. We are raising funds to branch out to the remaining 82%.

The purpose of this ministry is to help the girls to stay in school and receive the education they so badly need for a better future, for themselves, their children and their community. And also to point the girls towards the God who can be trusted for the whole of life.

Tom and Milly have been visiting primary schools in the area, to prepare girls of this age for when their menstruation starts. Milly tells them what to expect and how to manage their periods. Tom uses scripture to affirm their value as girls in the community. The project provides the girls with reusable pads and knickers, which should last about a year with good care. The cost of providing these is £2.14 per girl.

Read more about this project.

To donate securely online to the pads project, click on the CharityCheckout button below.

Please note that Charity Checkout charges an administration fee on your donation.

If funds received exceed the requirements for a specific person or project the trustees shall re-designate any surplus at the end of the term or project.

Help girls to stay in school
Tagged on: